To provide certain aspects of our website, we may need to process a required amount of your personal information. You have the right to know if your personal information is shared with any third parties. In addition, we may share personal information with third parties for other notified purposes, as permitted by the CCPA & GDPR. Please see “Uses of Information, Sharing, and Disclosure” below for details.
unClassified does not sell your personal information.
Information We Collect
Subscribing to the Newsletter: To subscribe to the unCLASSIFIED.com newsletter, we ask for a valid email address. If you need to edit your email, please reach out to info@unCLASSIFIED.com.
Information to Third Parties: We do not share personal information with any entity outside of unCLASSIFIED for any purpose other than as necessary for Newsletter mailouts, or as required by law. unCLASSIFIED manages a separate set of personal data within a third party system for those who have opted in to receive promotional emails. We have selected MailChimp as our third-party email marketing platform due to its stringent security protocols and shared mission in protecting personal data. unCLASSIFIED only sends promotional emails to users who have specifically opted-in to receive them. If you do not wish to receive promotional emails, you may click the “Unsubscribe” link at the footer of any of our promotional emails or you may update your email preferences to be removed from our mailing list.
Responding to Inquiries on the Contact Feature
To submit an inquiry using our “Contact” feature, unCLASSIFIED.com asks for you to submit an email to info@unCLASSIFIED.com. We use the personal information you provide to us to identify you and respond to the inquiry in an appropriate manner.
We will, depending on the nature of your communication with unCLASSIFIED.com and with respect to your visit to the unClassified website, use your personal data to:
- Respond to any inquiry about our services or requesting further information, because it is in our legitimate interest to use your personal data to communicate with you, to respond to your request and to develop the relationship between us. If you submit personal data comprising an email address to unClassified, we may send you service related emails (e.g. transactional emails, service and policy updates) because it is in our legitimate interests to keep you informed.
- Respond to any inquiry about whether you could work for us. We will use your personal data to consider and decide how to respond to your inquiry because it is in our legitimate interests to use your personal data to consider whether we have any suitable job vacancies and to contact you about them. It may also be necessary for us to use your personal data to comply with a legal obligation relating to how we manage our business.
- Respond to any inquiry from existing clients, suppliers, or partners regarding our business relationships because it is in our legitimate interests to use your personal data to manage your business’ relationship with us.
- Respond to an inquiry about how your business could support or work with our business, because it is in our legitimate interests to use your personal data to consider whether it would be beneficial to work with your business.
- Respond to an inquiry about personal data we may have about you. We will use your personal data to check our files and to consider and decide how to respond to your inquiry because it is in our legitimate interests, and in the legitimate interests of our clients, to use your personal data to consider how we may have used your personal data on behalf of our clients in order to determine how to answer your query. It may also be necessary for us to use your personal data to comply with a legal obligation relating to how we manage our business or our relationship with your business.
Editing Your Information
We know that it’s important that you have control and choice as to what information is provided. Therefore, unCLASSIFIED.com provides you with the option to provide, edit, or remove certain information.
You can opt to remove yourself from our promotional emails by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of any of our promotional emails or by updating your email preferences. unCLASSIFIED will never send you promotional email unless you specifically opt in to receive it. You can opt in to our email lists or unsubscribe from the email list if you’d like to discontinue your receipt of our newsletters.
You can edit and replace your email by emailing info@unCLASSIFIED.com. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
You may decline to share certain personal data with us, in which case, we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the unCLASSIFIED.com service.
If you would like to inquire about removing your account, please send a request to info@unCLASSIFIED.com. Please note that we may need to maintain certain information for backups, archiving, preventions of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
At any time, you may request specific pieces of personal information that unCLASSIFIED has collected and retained about you over the previous 12 months.
Messages from unCLASSIFIED.com
When you subscribe to our promotional emails, we ask for a name and valid email. By subscribing, you are opting-in to receiving the Newsletter from unCLASSIFIED. A confirmation email is sent to the email address provided. Then, to complete your subscription process, you must elect “yes, subscribe me to this list” on the confirmation email. This completes a user’s registration for the promotional emails. These preferences may be changed at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” option at the bottom of every promotional email or updating your email preferences.
Uses of Information, Sharing, and Disclosure
- Where necessary to perform the contractual obligations in our Terms & Conditions with you;
- Where you have consented to the utilization by opting-in to email newsletters or by accessing unCLASSIFIED.com, which can be revoked at any time; and
- Where necessary in the public interest.
Note: unCLASSIFIED.com will never send email marketing if the user has not opted in to receiving those electronic communications.
Legal: unCLASSIFIED.com may retain, preserve, or release your personal information to third parties in certain, limited situations. These situations include: in response to lawful requests by a public authority; in response to legitimate national security or law enforcement requests or requirements; to protect, establish, or exercise our legal rights in the defense of legal claims; in compliance with a court order or some other legal requirement; or when we believe in good faith the action is required by law.
In the event that unCLASSIFIED.com receives a request under one of the above situations, a user’s personal information may be disclosed to a third-party. Such personal information includes, but is not limited to, email addresses.
Protecting Your Information
unCLASSIFIED takes extraordinary care to handle all of your personal information securely. When you submit your personal information on the unCLASSIFIED.com websites, it is encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer software while being transferred. It is then stored on a server that is behind a firewall, and not connected to the internet.
Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet of information or of storage of information is 100% secure. We strive to protect your personal, private information, but we cannot absolutely guarantee its security. In the case of a major breach of personal information, it is our policy to notify all registered users of the event as soon as possible, with an explanation provided as to the nature and extent of the breach.
unCLASSIFIED.com retain your personal information for only as long as necessary to fulfill our requirements under the law, and as long as you utilize the unCLASSIFIED website, and to satisfy performance as outlined in this policy.
If you no longer want unCLASSIFIED.com to use your information, you may elect to have your information removed. unCLASSIFIED.com will retain your information to the extent necessary to satisfy our legal requirements, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or as otherwise provided. To inquire about removal of your information, please send a request to info@unCLASSIFIED.com.
Rights of the User
Upon request, unCLASSIFIED.com will provide you with information regarding the retention of your personal information. We will provide you with a copy of your personal information that has been provided to unCLASSIFIED com in an easily accessible format and in a timely manner. You have the right to edit and manage the means by which unCLASSIFIED.com contacts you regarding certain information, as outlined above.
If we process your information based on legitimate legal reasons, as outlined in the “Uses of Information, Sharing, and Disclosure” section, you can object to the processing of such information in certain circumstances. In such an event, unCLASSIFIED.com will cease the processing and utilization of your personal information, unless there is a compelling reason for unCLASSIFIED.com to continue processing your information or for other legal reasons.
For any promotional emails or other email marketing, you can always object to your continued receipt of such information by clicking the “unsubscribe” button found at the bottom of the emails or by changing your email preferences.
Duty of the User
Remember, it is your duty to keep your confidential personal information, private.
Withdrawing Your Consent
The CCPA & GDPR prohibit businesses from discriminating against you for exercising your rights under the law. Such discrimination may include denying a good or service, providing a different level or quality of service, or charging different prices. The CCPA & GDPR permits businesses to provide differing levels or quality or different prices where the business can demonstrate that the difference is reasonably related to the value to the business of the consumer’s personal information.